Things I Thought I Knew 10 Years Ago
It was my birthday last weekend *sighs*.
Over the past few years I’ve really started to dread adding another year onto my age. At one point during the weekend I was hit with the realisation that 10 years ago I was a fully functioning human being. Obviously I’ve been fully functioning my whole life, but at 16 (do the math of how old I am yourself, I refuse to write it down on paper) you aren’t a kid anymore – you can actually do shit.
According to Google, at 16 in the UK you’re legally entitled to:
- Get married with consent
- Drive a moped or an invalid carriage (don’t know what the fuck that is but it sounds interesting)
- Have sex with someone else who’s 16 or over
- Drink alcohol at a meal whilst accompanied by an adult
- Get a national insurance number
- Join a trade union – obviously everyone jumps at that opportunity.
(Plot Twist: I just googled what an invalid carriage is and I can confirm that i’ve NEVER in my life seen a 16 year old drive one of those. I include photographic evidence below). Continue reading